Greg Shapiro Introduces Same-Day PowerPoint Parodies for Corporate Events
12 January, 2024
“Could you watch a day full of keynote speakers and then – at the end – perform a parody PowerPoint, based on their PowerPoints?” The answer is YES.
At the end of a corporate event, you’ll sometimes see a sketch artist give their impressions of the day. Or a spoken word artist. Or me, doing a standup routine.
NOW you can watch me perform a comedy version of the highlights of the day, with a tailor-made PowerPoint presentation.
The visionary who tasked me with this challenge was Ton Wesseling from Online Dialogue. I’m always inspired by his events on the subject of CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization). When he first hired me a few years ago, I did a tailored PowerPoint – with a few last-minute additions: my impressions of the day. In 2023, he hired me again – but this time he asked if I could give my impressions of ALL the speakers. Obviously, the most challenging were the speakers toward the end. Not as much prep time. BUT – I did it!
Thank you Ton, for forcing me to develop a format that didn’t really exist yet. Since Ton is obsessed with data and testing, he gave me a score: “We are always looking for speakers with a 70% or higher Good or Awesome rating. Your score: 90.5%!:”
Here are the Reviews:
- “It is truly awesome how he dares to be on stage being funny about sessions that happened only an hour ago.”
- “Super impressive how much he listened and took that onboard.”
- “Great presentation. Great energy. Super impressed with how quickly you pulled it all together, especially for the ones who had only just spoken before your session. Really tough to nail it but you did. Bravo.”
- “Greg had me crying from laughter at some point …and I was really impressed of his recollection of the event.”
- “HAHAHAHA !!!!”
- “Thanks for the amazing closing keynote. I truly admire your talent to come up with something in such a short time that is so funny, and also makes you think.”
- “I love his energy and attitude. He greatly adapted to the world of CRO and improvised.”
- “Really fun close of the weekend with the ‘roast’ like presentation. Greg just gives energy to the crowd.”
- “Great closing keynote Greg! You certainly shook everybody up that were on the break of tuning out.”
- “I love your jokes, rants and energy. Very nicely improvised and integrated …Love it!”
Watch: Greg Shapiro PowerPoint parody at CRO event ‘Conversion Hotel.’
More Greg Shapiro Corporate Events